Your car is often exposed to tough environment and road contaminants. These conditions can affect the exterior of your vehicle, especially the paint. It can eventually cause the paint to fade or peel.
The damage may be due to weather or environmental issues but it can also be caused by the way you handle and take care of your vehicle. Not all problems can be easily solved by simply handing your car to the mechanic. Here are some ways on how you can properly maintain the exterior paint of your car and make it look like a million bucks.
- Hand-wash your car. Avoid bringing your car too often to the automatic car wash service unless necessary. The tools and mechanisms used in automatic car wash services may be too tough for your paint finish.
- Wax your car regularly. Use our KevianClean Quick Wax on your car at least every 3 to 4 months. Waxing will provide an additional layer to the exterior of your vehicle. This will help protect the surface from road contaminants and other elements.
- Apply a paint protector. If you want an extra layer of protection for your car, a paint protection film can prevent the paint from getting damaged. This type of film can easily be removed anytime without stripping away the paint underneath. You can apply it on your bumper since it is the part that is the most exposed to scratches and bumps.
- Opt for a paintless dent removal. If your car has minor dents, you can opt for a paintless dent removal. Your mechanic may be able to restore the original shape of your car exterior without having to repaint over the surface.
- Use an auto detailing clay. If your car exterior has hard to remove dirt or grime, an auto detailing clay may be more suitable. It is one of the safest tools to use to scrape off dirt on your car. Removing stubborn grime without using the proper tools can leave more damage on your paint.