Can Aromatherapy Improve your Driving?
There are many factors that can contribute to your stress. Driving during this highly emotional state is certainly not a good idea. Before you step into your car, it is always best to blow off some steam first.
On the other hand, if you’re getting your anxiety attack from driving itself, there are ways to help you ease your mind and behavior. One suggestion is to use aromatherapy. Aromatherapy can be a lot of help for drivers who experience constant tension on the road. It can help reduce your feelings of anxiety and calm your nerves.
Aromatherapy uses the scent of essential oils to heal certain conditions and enhance your overall well-being. You can apply aromatherapy using scented candles, incense, and other methods. However, the most popular and effective way, especially for driving is through the use of essential oils.
Essential oils are extracted from the leaves, stems, and other parts of a plant or flower. They are infused with active compounds that are concentrated. These oils provide benefits in just small doses.
Here are some of the anxiety and stress it can help alleviate including the recommended essential oils.
- Car sickness – Peppermint, ginger, orange, and cardamom
- Drowsiness – Eucalyptus, peppermint, lemongrass, rosemary, and other citrus oils
- Road rage – Pine, rosewood, bergamot, frankincense, and ylang-ylang
- Lack of focus – Lemon, cinnamon, bergamot, patchouli, and clary sage
Chamomile and lavender also have calming properties but are not suitable for driving because these oils can make the driver feel weary and sleepy which can potentially cause an accident.
How to Use it Aromatherapy in your Vehicle
There are different ways to use essential oils in your vehicle.
1. Use an oil diffuser. There are diffusers that are specifically designed for vehicle use. All you need to do is to plug it into your cigarette lighter outlet to power it on. Then apply a few drops of oil into a cotton ball and attach it to your air vent.
2. Use a wood felt. Another idea is to use a wood felt and apply a few drops of oil into it. Then hang it on your rearview mirror.
3. Use a small spray bottle. Fill the bottle with water and drop a small amount of oil. You can spray it from time to time or whenever necessary.
In addition, don’t forget to use our KevianClean Interior Defense to make sure your car interior is always clean and free from dust particles.