How to Keep Your Wheels Shiny and Looking New
A freshly washed car will keep your ride looking brand new and in top condition. Having a set of dirty wheels will definitely impale your car’s good looks. The most important thing you can do for your tires is to take good care of them.
Never allow brake dust and road grime to set in for a long period of time. Otherwise, it can damage the metal and will be more difficult to remove. Due to consistent heat and friction, the brake dust can become highly destructive especially since you probably drive your vehicle on a daily basis.
Here are some easy steps on how to effectively clean and protect your wheels:
1. Wash your wheels - Use a gentle cleaner such as KevianClean Wheel Cleaner. This removes brake dust, smudges, grease, and other road contaminants. You can use it on chrome, alloy, and aluminum rims and spokes.
2. Clean your tires before the wheels – Start by spraying your tire with a cleaning solution and let it sit for a minute. Scrub the tire with a tire brush to get rid of all the dirt and grime.
3. Scrub the wheel – The next step is to clean and scrub your wheels. You can start at the top of your wheel and work your way down. Use KevianClean Wheel Brush to help you clean your tires, wheels, and rims effortlessly. It is lightweight and comes with a non-slip grip which is convenient to use.
4. Rinse the wheel – Use a hose or a pressure washer to gently rinse off the dirt from your tires and wheels.
5. Dry it by hand – After washing out all the dirt, dry the wheel using KevianClean Auto Detailing Towel. Check the spots if you missed anything. Start with the center and work your way out.
6. Apply a wax applicator on the tire – Spread the wax evenly on the pad. Do not apply it on the parts of the tire that have a direct contact to the road.
7. Add a protective solution to your wheel – This will help enhance the shine of your wheels and make it easier for you to clean. Buff it up and wipe off the residue.
Now that your wheels look shiny and new as ever, always make sure to clean it as often as you can to avoid further damage. You can now show off your ride with pride.