Prevention is better than cure which is why even if you had your car checked before going in a long drive, you still need to carry with you the following important tools:
- Mini toolkit. This has a multi-head screwdriver which could truly come in handy whenever the need arises which is why it must be carried along with you at all times.
- Spare tire. You will never know whether your car will blow out while you are already on the road. Regardless to say, have a spare tire ready along with the screw jack and iron just in case something happens while you are on the road.
- Inflator and sealant. If the tire could still do well and just needs some air, you need to have an inflator and sealant with you. The inflator would supply the air needed for the flat tire and the sealant would seal the affected are to make sure that the air wouldn’t escape.
- Jumper cables. In cases where your battery dies, these cables will surely come in handy. Drop these babies in your kit before heading on to your journey.
- Seat belt and window cutter. Assuming the worst scenario, a window cutter would prove in handy if you are caught in a situation where in getting out using the door would be impossible.
- Mini fire extinguisher. Again, no one would know what would happen during the trip, it is just appropriate to carry things like this in case there are mishaps.
- Light flares. These are used in order to attract attention of people. If you find yourself lost in a long, dark and rough road, use these flares to send signal that you need help.
- Flashlight. There is no specific time as to when cars break down so in case it happens during the night, you have your flashlight with you that could help in lighting things up.
- Navigation tool. A map or a GPS-enabled device are your best options. If you are traveling in an unfamiliar territory, you need to constantly make sure that you are right on track to avoid taking wrong turns and getting lost along the way.
These are just simple things that you need to remember carrying with you during the drive because although we pray for bad thing to not happen, it is still better if we come as prepared.