If you are moving overseas and would want to bring your car with you without hassle then you need to find a reliable shipping vessel that would deliver it safely to its destination. However, before you do so, you need to prepare your car and take note of some things that need to be done in order to make sure that the transportation goes smoothly.
What to Do Before Shipping A Car
- Wash your car and apply a full coat of wax to serve as a barrier for bugs and debris that may get in contact with it during the transport.
- Make sure to check all the fluids in your car. If by chance you have leaking fluids, inform the transporter so that they could do something to prevent it from dripping onto other cars; it will also ensure safety while on board.
- Before the day of the shipment, talk to your transporter about which fluids should be left empty and which could be left in the car to avoid having problems in the future.
- Make sure that your battery charge and tire pressure is fine.
- Take photographs of high quality before transport. This is so that if there will be damages dealt with your car, you will be able to identify it and present it as a solid proof.
It is also important to research each transporter before choosing to book them. The reason behind this is so that you would know whether they are worthy to give your trust to. Usually, shipping vessels already have their own websites; you can look around and see whether there is any feedback given by their customers and whether those have been satisfactory.
In addition to that, make sure that you have read what is covered by the insurance policy given by the transporter. The purpose of having the insurance is to make sure that if ever something bad happens to your car, it may get lost along the way or get damaged while in transit, the company will be able to pay you back.
As for the price, it varies depending on your choice as to whether or not you would like to have an open transport or an enclosed one. The former is much cheaper but your car will be exposed to the sun and the wind which could have a negative effect on your car. While the latter is more expensive, it provides greater security.