5 Gorgeous Places to Drive Through
What better way is there to relax than a long drive by with friends or family while taking a glimpse of scenic mountain ranges and country roads. Imagine the positive vibes that you could naturally get from long trails of trees lined in the road as you breathe in fresh air with car windows down.
Now the only problem that takes you away from achieving this scenic drive by is knowing the places from which you could get an exhilarating view of nature’s beauty. To give you a rundown of which roads you must take for a drive through, here are five of the most scenic roads in America.
1. Hana Highway, Maui. First on the list will be this two and a half drive by along the coast of paradise. The 52-mile drive from Kahului to Hana will truly make you exclaim what the t-shirt says, “I survived the road to Hana.” This snaky highway will give you tropical feels as you pass by lush lines of mango trees and steep sea cliffs. Aside from that, you can also pullover in some Jurassic vistas and roadside stalls. And to top off the Hana experience, drive past to where the road ends to visit the Seven Sacred Pools; a seven-tiered gutch at Haleakata National Park.
2. Blue Ridge Parkway, Carolinas and Virginia. No one can get away with the mystic aura of the rustic country side. Get a scenic view of the Appalachian mountains and the Great Smoky Mountains in this 500-mile drive. Have a panoramic view for all seasons with the green and yellows of autumn, a summer canopy in the summer and the cold Southern breeze in the winter. You can even have a wildlife picturesque anytime of the day because of the diverse critters you could see in the Southern bayous.
3. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago. Spanning 26 miles, a drive by to downtown Chicago can give you the best city scape experience with a view of the towering of the Willis Towers, Burnham and Roots Rookery and Mies van der Rohe. Facing Lake Michigan, be marveled with a view of North Hollywood, reaching South through Jackson Park. And if you have time to spare, you could listen to free summer concerts in Millennium Park.
4. North Shore Drive, Minnesota. This four-mile drive will make you witness the glacial beauty of the Lake Superior. Be astounded with shining sea waters on the right and maple and birch woods on the left as you drive from Duluth to Two Harbors. You will also get to see ocean tankers anchored in the St. Lawrence Seaway.
5. Anchorage, Alaska. The trip from Anchorage to Valdez which connects Glenn and Richardson highways will give you a sight of prehistoric glaciers and mountain ranges with a lot of 10,000 peaks. The final stretch to Valdez includes a drop of Thompson Pass through the waterfalls of Keystone Canyon opening into Prince William Sound.
These are just a few of the many scenic roads you could discover in America. Relaxation need not be expensive to be achieved. Sometimes, you just need a car, gas, good friends and a fine drive-by.