Planning on buying a car soon? Before you actually do, take some time to plan your purchase so that you’re prepared for it. Investing in a new vehicle isn’t as easy or cheap as buying a new shirt. To help you out, here are some useful tips you should consider before you start rolling with a new set of wheels.
- Check your budget. Determine how much you are willing to spend on a new car. Bring out your calculator and compute the total cost to find out if you can actually afford it.
Your budget should not eat up a huge percentage of your monthly income. This also excludes your car loans, insurance, and other vehicle expenses such as gas and maintenance repairs. You can go online and check out budget calculators to help you figure out your expenses and savings.
- Do your research. Make a list of cars you are eyeing to buy. Be realistic and look for vehicles that are within your budget.
Check different manufacturers and car dealerships so that you can compare the prices and understand more about the feature of each vehicle. This will help you identify what features you want and need in a car.
- Check your financing. Before you visit a car dealership, you should be able to fix your financing first. Aside from selling cars, dealers also manage car loans as well. They usually get a commission from car loans they facilitate.
It is also better to secure a credit or bank financing beforehand so that you can compare it with the dealer’s offer. Research on the current interest rates in the market and check with lenders or credit unions. Some unions provide a slightly lower rate than banks. To get the best deal, check where you can get the best interest rate.
- Look for discounts and promos. Most dealerships are running promotions, discounts, and incentives. Make sure you are aware of these and apply it before you even negotiate the price with the dealer.
Car manufacturers offer discounts and sometimes extend some privileges to students, military, and specific credit unions. You can visit the website of car manufacturers and check the offers or deals page.
- Don’t skip the test drive. Once you’re ready with your financing and done with your research, visit the car dealership and schedule a test drive. It is easier to decide once you are armed with all the information you need.
Don’t rush your test drive. It is better to make sure you want every inch of the vehicle, especially since you’ll be driving it on a daily basis for many years to come. Make sure the car suits your preference well and never rush your decision.
Once you’ve decided to buy the car, our KevianClean Car Wash Shampoo can help maintain your new wheels.