The September equinox marks the end of the summer season and the start of another which is autumn. Less than a month from now, this time of the year would come and with that you should start preparing for it especially when you are planning to drive around and enjoy the beauty that this season has.
In order to make sure that you are driving safe during this time of the year, you should read on the following tips:
- Watch out for leaves on the road. These leaves could lead to various road accidents such as slipping through wet leaves or car failure due to dry leaves sneaking up under your vehicle blocking some parts of it. In addition to that, you should also avoid parking in spaces where there are a lot of leaves. When the catalytic converter of your car starts, creating a fire is highly possible.
- Autumn also marks the time where daylight saving ends. This means that sunsets occur earlier, thus, also reducing the visibility of the roads much earlier. Be carefully of curvy roads when it starts getting dark. This is especially true when they are covered with leaves. You might not notice the extent of the road and fall towards a cliff or crash.
- At some parts of the country, especially those which are elevated, ice are possibly present during October and November and even as early September. You may want to start shifting to snow tires and make sure to conduct checks in your brakes and lights. Also, beware of what is called as black ice which may look like a puddle of water. This thing is transparent which makes it impossible to be seen easily.
- Be mindful of other cars driving the same way as you are as they may try to stop at some points because of the view. It is undeniable that during autumn, the colors become so beautiful and people could not resist taking that Instagram-worthy photo. With this, try to limit your speed below what is the actual speed limit posted.
- Do your maintenance. Make sure that every part of your car is working well to avoid having problems along the way. Also use KevianClean Quick Wax to add protection to the surface of your car and avoid damaging the paint. You can use multiple products even under the hood to clean and maintain their working condition.
Keep these tips in mind for a safer, more comfortable drive.