Now that spring is coming, the sun will soon come out and lighten our surroundings. However, direct and constant exposure to the sun’s UV rays can damage your car. If you want to maintain the brand new look and performance of your vehicle, there are certain steps you need to follow. A proper and regular maintenance routine can keep your car looking fresh and new.
If you live in a hot climate, your car is more prone to sun damage. It can cause your car paint to fade or overheat the engine. Over time, it can also lead to more serious and complex problems.
This is a classic example where prevention is better than cure. Here are some useful tips.
- Park your car under a roof or a shaded area. This protects your paint, headlights and rubber trimmings. Direct exposure to sun causes oxidation to the paint which leads to fading.
- Wash your car regularly. Cleaning and washing your vehicle will protect the paint of your car and remove the dust and grime that are stuck to the exterior.
If there are deposits that are difficult to get rid of especially those that are hardened by the sun, you can use a detailing clay bar. This can help eliminate these elements without scratching the surface. Waxing your car will help protect the paint from contaminants and pollutants.
The heat from your engine combined with the sun rays can speed up any paint damage on your hood. Therefore, the wax in your car also protects it from the UV rays of the sun.
- Use a paint protection film. This will protect your car from further sun damage. It also helps protect the headlights of your car from becoming fragile. You can do it yourself or ask a professional service to wrap your car with it.
- Check your air filter, transmission fluid, cooling system, and air conditioning system. An increase in temperature can affect the performance of these car components. Check them regularly to avoid further damage.
- Use a reflectorized sun shade. This will protect the interior of your vehicle. The UV rays can cause your dashboard to degrade, your car tint to fade, and your leather car seats to crack.
Use the KevianClean Leather Cleaner and Conditioner to maintain the moisture and keep the leather protected from harmful elements.
- Inspect your tires. Check your tires for the air pressure. Underinflated tires can burst under high temperature. Check at least once a month to avoid accidents.