Do You Eat Inside Your Car? Read This!
Are you a habitual snacker? It's normal for people to feel hungry, especially if you're working all day. If you're driving home while munching on a burger or donut, then your car must be filled with all kinds of food particles.
Did you know that these foods can actually be bad for your car? If you're not careful, you may end up with car interior problems that can be hard to fix!
If you always eat in your car, here are some things you should know:
- The bits and pieces of the food you are eating can get stuck in the nooks and crannies of your car interior. It's advisable to have a small broom and dust pan inside your car so that you can easily sweep away those little crumbs.
- The moisture from the beverages you bring inside your car can be a cause of molds. Make sure you don't spill your drinks and if you do, wipe it right away. You can also use silica gel inside your car to keep it moisture-free.
- The undesirable odor inside your car may be from the aroma of the foods you eat in it. This is especially true if you eat garlic bread, pizza, or tacos in your car. You may use an air freshener to help reduce the smell, or you can open your car windows whenever you're eating.
- To keep your leather car seat covers clean and food-free, use KevianClean Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. It will efficiently remove food bits on your leather seats and make them look good as new.
- Food stains such as those from ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, and other condiments can be very difficult to remove. Not only are they very visible on light colored car seats, but they also have a lingering odor. If your car seats are made of fabric, you can wash them regularly to remove the stains. For other materials like leather or faux leather, our leather conditioner will work fine. Just make sure the stain hasn't been there for days because it will be harder to remove once the fabric has absorbed it.
- Always have a small trash bin in your car which you can take out once you get home. Don't keep your trash inside the car, especially if there's food in it. Otherwise, you might attract pests!
It's not bad to eat in your car, but you have to do it responsibly. Dispose of your food properly and clean your interiors afterwards. This will not just make your car cleaner but also your life more pleasant.