Knowing how to remove and install car seat covers are important in car care and maintenance. Dirt, dust and stains are inevitable facets of driving. Having mastery in changing car seat covers will spare you a serious amount of money and will give you quality time to inspect your car needs.
The guidelines in changing your car seat covers are actually stated in your car manual. But if you do not have your manuals with you or think that the instructions there might be a bit complicated, here are the steps that you must follow in removing and installing car seat covers.
Removing Car Seat Covers
First, unbuckle the harness and chest clip. For a more systematic way of removing car seat covers, start with the headrest.
- Remove the buckle and shoulder pads.
- Open the Velcro at both sides of the headrest cover.
- Carefully remove the headrest cover and put it somewhere dry and safe.
Now, let us proceed with the seat covers.
- Press buttons at both sides of the seat cover.
- Near the handle, detach snaps on both sides of the seat cover.
- Pull the canopy out of the shell canal. After which, fully extend or stretch the canopy.
- Detach the three canopy snaps from the back shell.
- Now that the snaps are detached, remove seat covers from the top.
- Remove the seat cover around the belt guides carefully.
- Pull the seat cover through the buckle to fully remove the seat cover.
- Wash with mild soap or leather conditioner and make sure that the covers are properly dried.
- If you intend to replace the car seat cover altogether, store the old ones in a dry place.
Installing Car Seat Covers
Do not pick the headrests first. Remember the exact ways in which you removed them and have it reversed for installation later on.
We are now ready to put on the rest of the seat covers.
- Wrap the seat cover’s back piece over the seat’s back. Make sure that the cover seams match the seat’s contours.
- Tuck the seat covers through the seat’s crease using Velcro or seat snaps. Secure them on the backside.
- Upon installing the back piece in place, slide the bottom piece over the car seat’s lower cushion. Again, make sure that the cover seams match the contours of the seat.
- Tuck the seat cover through the crease and tie-down the snaps from the front cover to the back. Connect the straps to the back and tighten them until they fit.
- Slide the headrest covers into place and put the headrests back into your seats.
Follow these steps chronologically to not waste time. As long as you are familiar with the parts of your car seat and upholstery, you can execute these guidelines well. As have been said, one way or another, you have to learn how to change your car seat covers yourself.