The burgeoning scope of technology has indeed identified the 20th century. While a lot of people think that technology is both beneficial and detrimental, we cannot separate the fact that benefit-wise, we reap the reward of an easy life. Even in the minute details of our everyday living, technology spells a lot of change on how things operate. One of these would be how technological advancement has reshaped how we drive our cars in this generation.
Needless to say, car technology is always geared towards efficient driving and safer travels. Be it among adventurous teens to family people to the aged, car technology has been very helpful in insuring that people gets to their destinations without having to experience serious road compromise.
To know more about specific car technology rounding up the buzz in car driving and safety insurance, here is a list.
- Dashboard Bluetooth. This newly modified variant of the Bluetooth wireless connection is very convenient for people with hectic schedules who receive calls from important people every now and then. Instead of manually picking up the phone and increases the likelihood of car accidents due to lack of focus in driving, this Bluetooth that one could clip in their car dashboards provide a hands-free communication system. The Bluetooth itself will answer your calls for you and have a conversation with your clients using your phone’s loud speaker. It will also dial the numbers you’d like to call via voice recognition.
- GPS (Global Positioning System). This car technology is already a standard feature in newer models of cars. It allows the driver to have a more systematic and sweat-free navigation of his destination because of the ability of the GPS to provide information about the exact distance of the place, specific location of the area as well as local traffic and weather conditions in the places you are about to enter. The latest version of the GPS features a step by step direction announced out loud in each turn so that the driver will be more focused on his driving, avoiding road mishaps.
- Phone Suppression Technology. Aside from the Bluetooth technology, a more advanced hands-free communication is here. The PST when turned on automatically installs itself in your handset and works in screening incoming calls as well as text messages. As it screens SMS, the PST will send an automated text message to your callers and those who sent you SMS which says that you are currently driving. It also announces the name of the caller so that you will no longer glance at your phone, thus, improving road awareness.
- Lane Departure Warning System. This built-in technology is beneficial for aged drivers as well as speedy drivers. The LDWS warns the driver through light signal when he/she is too close to another vehicle or if he/she is swerving to another lane. If the warning system detects resistance from the driver, it will automatically steer the vehicle on its proper lane or veer the car away from another vehicle.
- Pre-Collision Systems. This is specifically geared for frontal collisions. Potential frontal collisions are anticipated and avoided through advanced radar installed in the car’s system. The car system shall also warn the driver for imminent accidents, tightens seat belts and automatically activates air bag when the driver does not respond to the warning.