Hybrid cars use two engines including a standard gas and an electric motor engine that uses rechargeable battery. A hybrid car is mainly conceptualized to provide less impact to the environment. It is an eco-friendly vehicle but with improved gas mileage and lower emissions.
To understand better how a hybrid car works, here are some advantages and disadvantages.
- Hybrids are equipped with multi-engine power. This type of vehicle has smaller and lighter engines.
- Compared to cars with conventional gas engines, hybrid cars have lower emissions, are friendlier to the environment, and are generally cleaner. According to Toyota, their vehicles are up to 80% cleaner than the standard gas-powered vehicles.
- Based on experts, if people start driving in hybrid cars, the oil consumption will eventually decrease and this will eventually result in lower gas prices.
- In some locations when you buy a plug-in hybrid car, your tax and credits may be reduced. A hybrid car system usually generates warranties up to 8 years.
- Hybrid cars teach you how to drive efficiently. Most hybrid cars display the mileage including the average miles per gallon and the energy recovered in brakes.
- Hybrids have a higher EPA mileage rating in the city compared to the highway. This makes it more efficient for driving in stop and go traffic conditions. Whenever you stop, your car generates more electricity and is suitable for lower speeds.
- Hybrids cost more when it comes to repair and maintenance. It requires special tools because not all mechanics have the equipment and knowledge to fix hybrid models. In terms of gas savings, it will take you years before you can recover the extra cost when you first purchased it.
- Hybrid cars are generally more expensive which often turns off some prospective buyers. In fact, they often cost thousands more than gas-powered vehicles. Hybrid models that are high in demand are sold at a higher price.
- Majority of hybrid cars are specifically built for fuel economy and certainly not speed. If you want a fast car, a hybrid car is definitely not for you.
Compared to gas-powered vehicles, the acceleration of hybrid cars are certainly behind. Hybrids do not have suspensions and other performance tools. The battery pack of a hybrid car is heavy which sometimes affects the handling.
Whether you decide to buy a hybrid car or a regular gas-powered vehicle, use our KevianClean Quick Wax for a polished looking vehicle.