Once we get inside a vehicle, you can always tell if it’s brand new by the look and smell of it, which has a nice distinct odor. However, over time the smell will wear off and it will most likely be replaced by other factors such as sweat, food, mold, and possibly other elements that you put in your car on a daily basis.
Your car may smell funky but with proper care and maintenance, you can eliminate that nasty odor and possibly restore your car’s smell into its original state of condition.
Usually, it’s a bit of a challenge to eliminate the odor inside your vehicle. However, there are simple steps you can follow. Here are some tips on how to get rid of the unwanted smell in your car.
- Check the source of the smell – Check all parts of your car interior including cracks, pockets, corners, floors, and trunk. Find the source of the smell and get rid of all trash inside your vehicle.
- Wipe and clean your interior – Once you’ve removed all trash, the next step is to properly clean and wipe your upholstery, dashboard, and other interior parts. For leather surfaces, use the KevianClean Leather Cleaner and Conditioner to protect the upholstery.
- Remove the carpet – Most of the time, the odor comes from the dirt, mold, and grime that get stuck in the carpet. Take out the carpet out of your car and use a brush to get rid of the existing remains in the carpet. Vacuum the carpet to make sure you eliminate all elements.
- Vacuum the car interior – Vacuum all parts of your car interior especially the cracks. Most dirt build-up on hard to reach areas. Don’t forget to include the trunk of your car. After cleaning your interior, use the KevianClean Interior Defense to preserve the condition of your dashboard, plastic, and vinyl parts.
- Steam clean your vehicle – After vacuuming your car interior, consider steam cleaning your car floors to get rid of the dirt.
- Deodorize your car – You can also use a deodorizer to get rid of the bad odor inside your car.
- Use an ozone generator to treat your vehicle – If all else fails, an ozone generator will get rid of the bacteria and mildew in your car. However, it is not recommended for owners and passengers that have existing respiratory diseases because it can affect their health condition.
When cleaning your car, always eliminate the source of the odor as soon as possible. This will prevent the bacteria and smell from lingering too long. Avoid getting your car stained by food, drinks, and wet equipment. Also, avoid smoking inside your car because this also contributes to the funky smell in your vehicle.