When you clean your car, what material do you use to dry it or apply wax on it? Do you use a dry sponge, an old piece of clothing, or perhaps a regular cotton towel? Here's one thing you might not know: you're damaging your car by using those incompatible fabrics! What you need for detailing and cleaning your car is a microfiber towel.
What is Microfiber?
Microfiber is a type of fabric that is very finely sewn using soft yarn, typically a synthetic fiber like polyester and polyamide. The thread comes in a very fine size, less than 20% the thickness of human hair. Because of its fineness, the thread has a very soft texture and it is very absorbent. Microfiber has many uses, from clothes to cleaning materials and even basketballs. The material can also be designed to become waterproof, as seen in various commercial uses.
Benefits of Using Microfiber on Cars
By using microfiber cleaning materials on your car, you can get the following benefits:
- Scratch-free cleaning. The softness of microfiber makes it impossible for the material to cause any scratches on virtually any surface, including paint and glass.
- Better cleaning power. Because of the fine strands on the cloth, microfiber can collect more dirt and dust particles without leaving residue behind.
- More absorption capacity. Microfiber can hold water up to 8 times its own size, which makes this material extremely absorbent and comparable to chamois. This also makes the material suitable for drying large objects like cars.
- Lint-free cleaning. The thread does not leave behind small particles like lint because of the tight weave of the material. This is a great relief for many drivers who hate the sight of small fibers left on the windows and car paint.
- Durability. Microfiber can last for a long time if properly cared for and stored. Follow the care instructions on the product to prolong its functionality.
KevianClean's Microfiber Range
If you're looking for the best microfiber cleaning products for your car, what you need is KevianClean's Microfiber Car Wash Mitt and Auto Detailing Towels. Our Microfiber products are made of the highest quality material and can last for up to 50 washes -- that's almost one whole year if you wash your car every week!
Why bother using old shirts or rags to clean your car, if you can get a towel that's made exactly for that purpose? Check out KevianClean's towels today!